Manifest This! Specific Ways to Help Bring More of What You Want Into Your Life
Manifesting is one of those metaphysical ideas that can sound incredibly simple.
Think about what you want, send the intention into the Universe, and wait for the delivery truck.
Unfortunately, the Universe does not appear to offer two-day shipping.
You can't sit on the couch thinking, “I manifest a new career, financial abundance, a great relationship, a trip to Hawaii, and six-pack abs,” while eating potato chips and expect someone to ring the doorbell carrying your new life.
At least that hasn't worked for me.
Manifesting, in the way I like to think about it, is much more active. It's about getting your thoughts, energy, attention, choices, and actions moving in the same general direction.
Whether you believe the Universe literally responds to our energy or you see manifestation as a way of focusing the mind and changing behavior, there are some very practical ways to put it to work.
And thankfully, none of them require chanting naked beneath a full moon.
Unless that's your thing.
1. Get Ridiculously Specific
One of the first problems with manifestation is that we tend to ask for vague things.
"I want to be happier."
Great.
What does happier look like?
More travel?
A better relationship?
More time outside?
Changing careers?
Having dinner with friends once a week?
Finally getting that annoying squeak fixed in your car?
The more clearly you define what you want, the easier it becomes to recognize opportunities connected to it.
Instead of:
“I want more adventure.”
Try:
“I want to visit three places this year that I've never experienced before.”
Now you've given your mind—and perhaps the Universe—something to work with.
2. Write It Down
There is something powerful about taking an idea out of your head and putting it onto paper.
Write down what you want.
Not what you're supposed to want.
What you actually want.
Try writing statements such as:
I am creating more adventure in my life.
I am building relationships filled with love and laughter.
I am creating opportunities to grow financially.
I am becoming more confident in sharing my ideas.
Writing transforms a wandering thought into an intention.
And intention is where manifestation starts getting interesting.
3. Create a Vision Board
Yes, I'm a fan of vision boards.
And no, gluing a picture of a Lamborghini onto poster board will not necessarily cause one to materialize in your driveway Tuesday morning.
The value of a vision board is that it keeps your desires visible.
Put photographs of places you'd like to visit.
Words representing how you'd like to feel.
Career goals.
Relationship goals.
Health goals.
Creative dreams.
Experiences you want to have.
Then put the board somewhere you'll actually see it.
Not behind the Christmas decorations in the garage.
Your vision board should repeatedly remind your brain:
“This is where we're trying to go.”
4. Visualize the Experience, Not Just the Thing
If you're trying to manifest a trip to England, don't only imagine an airplane ticket.
Imagine walking through London.
Standing beside Stonehenge.
Walking into an old English pub.
Hearing the conversations.
Feeling the weather.
Seeing the countryside.
The more sensory detail you bring into visualization, the more emotionally connected you become to the goal.
You're not simply visualizing something you want.
You're rehearsing the experience.
5. Add Emotion
This is where manifestation becomes especially metaphysical.
Don't just think about what you want.
Try to feel what having it would feel like.
Excitement.
Peace.
Confidence.
Freedom.
Love.
Gratitude.
Joy.
Emotion gives an intention energy.
Instead of repeatedly thinking:
"Someday I hope I'll be happy."
Begin creating little pieces of happiness now.
Play music.
Dance.
Call somebody you love.
Take a walk.
Plan an adventure.
Laugh.
You're creating the emotional environment you're hoping to attract more of.
6. Talk About Your Dreams
Sometimes simply saying something aloud changes it.
Tell someone:
"I'm going to write a book."
"I'm going to start a business."
"I'm going to travel more."
"I'm going to get healthier."
Once those words leave your mouth, something changes.
You've put the intention into the world.
And occasionally the person you're talking to says:
"You know, I actually know someone who could help you with that."
Interesting.
Coincidence?
Synchronicity?
The Universe working through your buddy Steve?
Who cares?
Take the opportunity.
7. Start Acting Like the Person You're Becoming
This is one of my favorite manifestation techniques.
Ask yourself:
What would the version of me who already achieved this goal be doing today?
If you want to become an author...
Write.
If you want better relationships...
Communicate.
If you want more adventure...
Start planning adventures.
If you want better health...
Move your body.
If you want financial abundance...
Learn more about money and make intentional financial decisions.
Manifestation becomes much more powerful when your behavior starts matching your intention.
8. Look for Synchronicities
Once you focus your attention on something, you'll often begin noticing related opportunities.
A conversation.
A book.
A person.
An advertisement.
An unexpected invitation.
A strange coincidence.
Maybe these are metaphysical synchronicities.
Maybe your brain simply became better at noticing things that were already there.
Either explanation is fascinating.
The important part is:
Pay attention.
Sometimes the door you're asking the Universe to open has been sitting three feet away from you.
9. Take the Damn Step
This might be the most important part.
Do something.
Manifestation without action is basically daydreaming with better branding.
Want to travel?
Research the trip.
Want another job?
Submit the application.
Want to meet people?
Go somewhere people actually are.
Want to write a book?
Write page one.
Want to start exercising?
Walk around the block.
The Universe may provide opportunities.
But occasionally you're going to have to get off the couch and meet it halfway.
10. Practice Gratitude Before You Get What You Want
This sounds backward, but gratitude is one of the most powerful abundance practices.
Don't wait until everything becomes perfect before appreciating your life.
Look at what you already have.
Friends.
Family.
Health.
Food.
A home.
Music.
Nature.
Experiences.
Knowledge.
Laughter.
Whatever abundance already exists in your life, recognize it.
When you're constantly thinking “I don't have enough,” your attention becomes trained on scarcity.
Gratitude changes the lens.
You begin noticing abundance.
And what we notice tends to influence what we pursue.
Be Careful—You Can Manifest Crap Too
Here's the part of manifestation discussions that sometimes gets ignored.
If our thoughts, attention, expectations, and behavior help shape our experience...
Then we should probably pay attention to the negative stuff we're constantly feeding ourselves.
"Nothing ever works out for me."
"Everybody screws me over."
"I'm terrible with money."
"I'll never find someone."
"Something bad always happens."
Repeated often enough, these thoughts can become expectations—and expectations can influence behavior.
If you believe every opportunity will fail, you may stop pursuing opportunities.
If you assume people can't be trusted, you may behave defensively and damage relationships.
That's not necessarily the Universe magically punishing negative thoughts. It's often a very real feedback loop between belief, attention, behavior, and outcome.
And one important distinction: bad things happening to someone does not mean they manifested them. Illness, accidents, loss, other people's actions, and plain old bad luck happen. Manifestation shouldn't become a way of blaming people for circumstances beyond their control.
Instead, use the idea as a reminder to notice the patterns you can influence.
Give the Universe Some Wiggle Room
There's one final piece I think is incredibly important.
Don't become so obsessed with exactly how your manifestation must happen that you miss something better.
Maybe you want one particular job...
But another opportunity appears.
Maybe you're convinced one relationship is your future...
But life has other plans.
Maybe your dream takes you somewhere completely unexpected.
Set the intention.
Do the work.
Pay attention.
Then leave a little room for surprise.
Because the Universe—if nothing else—has demonstrated a tremendous ability to ignore our carefully prepared schedules.
Manifesting and Making Peace With Life
Manifestation isn't about controlling every detail of existence.
That sounds exhausting.
It's about becoming an active participant in your life.
Know what you want.
Write it down.
Visualize it.
Feel it.
Talk about it.
Look for opportunities.
Practice gratitude.
Take action.
And remain open to possibilities you never considered.
Your thoughts become intentions.
Your intentions influence your choices.
Your choices create actions.
Your actions create experiences.
And those experiences slowly become...
your life.
So go ahead and tell the Universe what you want.
Dream ridiculously big.
Put some energy behind it.
Just remember...
When the Universe finally opens the door...
you still have to walk through it.
That's manifestation with a little Make Peace With Life thrown into the mix.

No comments:
Post a Comment